Hiring An SEO Service
Most, if not all SEO Services will target keywords such as ‘seo prices’ and geographic keywords such as ‘seo services south africa’ (which would naturally depend on the countries they target)If they cant optimise there own site, they cant optimise your site (argument closed!)Last up-dated 13 October 2018
Another method is to view Google Paid Ads that appear above and below the organic search results. If the SEO Service uses Google Paid Ads and there site does not appear on page one or two, they are wannabe desperado’s that resort to paid advertising because they cant rank there own keywords (argument closed!)
Nonetheless. Lets take a closer look at the most common and obvious signals of a Scam SEO.
Certain scam signals SHOUT OUT ALOUD, while others are less obvious, which we cover below.
Are email marketing SEO’s trustworthy to hire?
The majority of them are scam artists out to rip you off. Below we cover a few scam signals.
- If they email you and do not post a link to a legitimate site, they are scam
- If they email you using a free account such as gmail, they are scam
- Auto-generated emails in general are scam and easy to identify. They usually point out ranking drop, errors, etc, but do not mention them in the email
- In general ALL emails received from services that promise you front page are scam
- emails stating PageRank is the most important metric used are SCAM. Our website ranks front page for ALL our targeted keywords and has PR0! You can read our FAQ page for further details.
- Never hire a SEO that’s main focus is on backlinks. They will spam your website with auto-generated, self-created links and unnatural links that will result in short term rankings, which will most defiantly result in your website been penalised from search. (Its a snake-oil method used to make quick bucks)
- Never hire a SEO that states his Google certified. There is no such thing as a Google SEO Certificate. AdWords SEO’s have the habit of saying they are Google SEO Certified. But in reality they are only AdWords certified. There is a BIG difference between the two
- Never hire a SEO Service that states Adwords can boost your organic search results
Coincidentally; SEO Services in general should have no need to market themselves via email campaigns. If there personal websites rank they will have more than enough clients and wont need to go on a prerogative quest of email spam!
Is it wise to hire a cheap SEO Service?
In general there is nothing wrong with hiring an affordable SEO Service. That said and done. SEO Prices have not, and cannot be standardized (The US seem to think they can standardize prices)
SEO Prices fluctuate depending on country currencies, which I discussed earlier in the year – How Much Should I Pay For SEO
It is advised you deal with a service from your country for two reasons. Firstly. The prices would be in par with your basic cost of living. Secondly. For geo-targeting towns and phrases that relate to your product/business, which could have a huge impact on your sites performance.
What should I ask when contacting an SEO Service?
Ask them for a basic technical SEO audit of your website and ask them to send you a report which must include costing, time frame and terms of contract as well there methods and changes they will be making to your website.
If the service is secretive about there methods of optimization or shallow in answers, avoid them.
Should I ask the service for testimonials of past clients?
Yes you should. In general all legitimate services should have a testimonial webpage of a few of there clients and should explain what they are busy doing, or have done.
SEO services are renown for only displaying ‘This is what Mr Snake had to say’. Those are crappy testimonials that are usually copied all over the internet. Do yourself a favour and copy a few lines of text from the testimonials into the Google search tool. You will be surprised as to how many other sites actually use the same ‘pick-up lines’!
How long should I remain with an SEO Service?
That would depend on your intent. If your site is small and you don’t plan on adding content on a regular basis except for refreshing prices and outdated content and are able to update your platform and plug-ins then a 3 month contract should be sufficient.
If the SEO Service has optimized according to Googles and other search engines guidelines the website should rank long term, and all professional SEO Services should keep in contact and inform you of algorithm updates your site could benefit from, even after your contract has expired.
But at times contracts can continue for a year, or even longer. If a website submits new content on a regular basis it is wise to continue with SEO. But on the other hand SEO services are meant to ‘guide’ and ‘train’ there clients throughout the contract (which we do) That by-itself will enable the client to gain sufficient knowledge to run there own website.
At Cyber SEO we offer our clients an affordable SEO maintenance package, which is available once we have completed optimization.
Beware of SEO Services that keep pushing for on-going contracts that are not necessary.
How Do I Know The Data They Send Me Is Real?
Google’s algorithms constantly change and so do the rules. SEO’s are renown for using crappy, inaccurate data tools which they base there optimization on.
Google Analytics and Search Console Tools specifically look at the data Google is providing and are the 2 most accurate tools. If the SEO service does not include them in your monthly report, they are barking up the wrong tree and don’t know what they doing.